Warranties and Coverage
CommonWealth Saddle Coverage
We understand purchasing a custom saddle is a big investment, which is why custom saddles come with an additional 1 year of CommonWealth Coverage. It assures our riders that we believe in our fitting process and our products. When ordering custom products, the additional coverage is an assurance to our riders that their saddle will fit both horse and rider as discussed upon ordering, subject to the terms of the agreement.
If ever your CommonWealth fitter believes your saddle can be tailored to your horse more appropriately, we have multiple options that can be evaluated. Our preference is to allow you to break in your new saddle, and do a re-check after the break in period of 2 weeks or 12 hours of riding, to allow the saddle to adjust to your horse. Our saddle fitters will work with you to evaluate the fit of your saddle and make reasonable adjustments to the fit.
CommonWealth Saddles will assess fit issues and provide the following:
For the first six months from following delivery:
– Exchange the saddle for any demo saddle in stock of equal value.
– Order a new saddle with the corrected measurements of equal value.
For 6 to 12 months from delivery:
– Adjust your saddle by repaneling or adjusting the tree.
– If repaneling is not warranted, pad/shim appropriately during a horse’s development in shape until consistency is reached in their back.
Exclusions, Circumstances and Fine Print:
- When working with youth riders, we will often specify a longer flap to accommodate their growth phase. This is always discussed and agreed upon in advance with all parties involved in the ordering process, especially parents. It may take 1 to 2 years for a rider to grow in to their saddles, especially for riders in the 12-14 years age group.
- Active from 1 year from your original purchase date on invoice.
- By purchasing a custom saddle, the client is effectively agreeing to the Custom Saddle Sale Contract.
- Custom Saddle Sale Contracts must be signed in order to have the additional CommonWealth Coverage.
- As always, health for horses and humans alike is paramount to CommonWealth Saddles – we do not tolerate abuse of any kind towards horses or humans. Any reported abuse, harassment or disrespect towards minority groups, BIPOC, CommonWealth staff, grooms, or other riders will result in a termination of account for the rider in violation.
- Custom-Built Saddles are designed only for use only on the horse(s) and by the person(s) for which Customer provided measurements to CommonWealth Saddles, and use of any saddle, including a Custom-Built Saddle, on another horse or by another person may alter such saddle’s shape and therefore make it unsuitable for the original intended use(s).
Amerigo Custom Saddle
All Amerigo saddles are made with a wooden spring tree and are guaranteed for a period of 5 years, and the leather and craftsmanship are guaranteed for 2 years under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, damage through use of a non-recommended leather care product, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Please check with your retailer for the authorised Amerigo saddler in your area. All Amerigo saddles must be registered: click here.
Amerigo Vega Saddle
The specially developed synthetic Vega saddle trees have a lifetime guarantee, and the leather and craftsmanship are guaranteed for 2 years under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Please check with your retailer for the authorised saddler in your area. All Amerigo saddles must be registered: click here.
Meyer Custom Saddle
The Meyer tree is covered under warranty for 5 years under normal duress conditions (does not account for lost or stolen saddles, saddles that have been run over by moving vehicles, rotational falls, reckless care of saddles or dropped saddles), under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, damage through use of a non-recommended leather care product, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Leather and parts are covered under Meyer’s warranty for 3 Years under normal conditions excluding wear and tear from the date of manufacture with the original purchaser. Warranty is honored through CommonWealth Saddles and original invoice is required in purchaser’s name.
Fittings are always free for any saddle we carry.
Wednesday-Friday, 9 a.m. — 9 p.m. MST
Saturday, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. MST
More hours by appointment
Tuesdays, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. MST
All content and photography © 2021 CommonWealth Saddles