Warranties and Guarantees
The CommonWealth Saddle Guarantee to Fit
We understand purchasing a saddle is a big initiative, which is why we have created the CommonWealth Guarantee to Fit. It assures our riders that we believe in our products, and takes warranties one step further. When ordering custom products, the CommonWealth Guarantee to Fit is an assurance to each and every rider that their saddle will fit both horse and rider as discussed upon ordering. Your saddle will never arrive in the wrong size, colour or shape, we guarantee you of that.
If ever your fitter believes your saddle can be tailored to your horse more appropriately, we have multiple options that can be evaluated and chosen together with your CommonWealth Fitter who originally designed your saddle with you.
- Our preference is to allow you to break in the saddle, and do a re-check after 2 weeks or 12 hours of riding, as this is a common break in period and we take the most accurate measurements after this period.
- If are adjustments are needed:
- 0-6 months from invoicing date:
- Exchange the saddle for any demo saddle in stock of equal value
- Order a new saddle with the corrected measurements of equal value.
- 6-12 months from invoicing date:
- Adjust your saddle by repaneling or adjusting the tree.
- If repaneling is not warranted, pad/shim appropriately during a horse’s development in shape until consistency is reached in their back.
- 0-6 months from invoicing date:
- Emergency situations: If the horse that the saddle was originally designed for were to pass away suddenly within the first year of saddle ownership, CommonWealth Saddles agrees to sell the saddle for the client/rider free of charge for the best possible return. In rare cases were transfers of ownership are discussed prior to ordering, this clause also applies.
Exclusions and Circumstances and Fine Print:
- When working with youth riders, we will often order a longer flap to accommodate their growth phase. This is always discussed and agreed upon in advance with all parties involved in the ordering process, especially the parents. It may take 1 to 2 years for a rider to grow in to their saddles, especially riders in the 12-14 yrs age group.
- Active from 1 year from your original purchase date.
Amerigo Custom Saddle
All Amerigo saddles are made with a wooden spring tree and are guaranteed for a period of 5 years, and the leather and craftsmanship are guaranteed for 2 years under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, damage through use of a non-recommended leather care product, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Please check with your retailer for the authorised Amerigo saddler in your area. All Amerigo saddles must be registered: click here.
Amerigo Vega Saddle
The specially developed synthetic Vega saddle trees have a lifetime guarantee, and the leather and craftsmanship are guaranteed for 2 years under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Please check with your retailer for the authorised saddler in your area. All Amerigo saddles must be registered: click here.
Meyer Custom Saddle
The Meyer tree is covered under warranty for 5 years under normal duress conditions (does not account for lost or stolen saddles, saddles that have been run over by moving vehicles, rotational falls, reckless care of saddles or dropped saddles), under normal working conditions, excluding damage resulting from accidents, damage through use of a non-recommended leather care product, and damage as a result of work carried out by persons not authorised by the manufacturers. Leather and parts are covered under Meyer’s warranty for 3 Years under normal conditions excluding wear and tear from the date of manufacture with the original purchaser. Warranty is honored through CommonWealth Saddles and original invoice is required in purchaser’s name.
Fittings are always free for any saddle we carry.
Wednesday-Friday, 9 a.m. — 9 p.m. MST
Saturday, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. MST
More hours by appointment
Tuesdays, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. MST
All content and photography © 2020 CommonWealth Saddles